Indian Engineering Services is the leading employer in India for engineering graduates. The UPSC holds the Engineering Services Examination or ESE. Every year recruit engineers for technical management roles in four engineering sectors: civil, mechanical, electrical, electronic, and telecommunications. The exam has two parts: a written examination and an interview. Because of the limited number of openings, ESE is regarded as one of the most difficult examinations in India. Because of their high position and respect earned via a very difficult selection process. After final selection, these candidates are posted in various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India.
Such as Railways, Telecom, Border Roads, CPWD, CWC, CPES, NHAI, Naval Armaments, IDSE, MES, Ordnance Factories, and so on. However, selected candidates can move to any cadre, organization, agency, department, ministry, or PSU of the Government of India. These final applicants are all recognized as class-1 officers.
Read AlsoGate 2023 Syllabus
Ese 2023 Eligibility
To be eligible, a candidate must either be an Indian national, a citizen of Nepal, a subject of Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who arrived in India prior to January 1, 1962, with the intention of settling there permanently. They may also be an individual of Indian descent who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, or East African nations like Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, or Ethiopia with the same intention.
A candidate must be someone in whose favor the Government of India has issued a certificate of eligibility if they come under categories (b), (c), or (d).
(II) Age Requirements:
In order to be eligible for this test, a candidate must be between the ages of 21 and 30 on January 1, 2022, which implies that they must have been born between January 2, 1992, and January 1, 2001.
- Government employees in the following categories who work in a division or office that answers to one of the authorities listed in column 1 below and apply for admission to the examination for all or any of the Service(s)/Post(s) listed in column 2, for which they are otherwise eligible, will have the upper age limit of 30 years relaxed up to 35 years.
- a candidate who works full-time in the department or office in issue right now. This waiver is not available to a probationer who is given a permanent job in the Department or Office while still on probation.
- A probationer must already be employed permanently in a division or office that reports to one of the people named in column 1 below in order to be qualified for this relaxation.
- a candidate who has worked consistently on a temporary basis in the pertinent Department or Office for at least three years as of January 1st, 2022.
Read AlsoMdu Admission
The above-mentioned higher age restriction will be further relaxed:
- If a candidate belongs to a scheduled caste or tribe, the maximum period is five years.
- In the case of an OBC applicant, the maximum period is three years.
- Up to three years in the event of defense service members incapacitated in operations during conflicts with any foreign nation or in a troubled region and discharged as a result.
- Ex-servicemen, including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs, who have served at least five years in the military and have been discharged, are eligible for a maximum of five years.
- Upon completion of duty (including those whose assignment is expected to be finished within a year of January 1, 2021), except dismissal or discharge due to misconduct or inefficiency, physical disability brought on by military service, invalidation, or dismissal due to misbehavior;
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
Passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India), obtained a degree in engineering from a university established by an act of the central or state legislature in India, other educational institutions created by an act of Parliament, or institutions that the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, Section 3, declared to be deemed to be universities